- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, www.philipkangotanda.com is the “data controller”. This means that www.philipkangotanda.com determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
www.philipkangotanda.com will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- We may use your Data to show you www.philipkangotanda.com adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you www.philipkangotanda.com adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – To ensure a smooth and efficient customer service and experience;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – To help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly;
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – To enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
- relevant authorities – To facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties;
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: [email protected]
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: [email protected]
- .If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. In Malta this is IDPC.
- .It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling www.philipkangotanda.com to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.